Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's a new day!

Halo reader!

So today will be short because all the work I did was last night, and I have a ton of sewing left to do tonight. I got pretty frustrated earlier when I was pulling out my latest undergarment pattern. I discovered something I was not pleased to find out.

Patterns

I am in a current state of dislike for Reconstructing History. Her assemblage of materials may be amazing, but the directions are confusing, and the pictures don't correspond with the writing, so one cannot be sure of what one is making! Basically, it's not very comprehensive, so I won't be using it any more.

I had a lucky break! I was using Google Shopping to find the cheapest possible patterns, and I found a whole honking LOT of patterns! I was so pleased with the quality and the price, I ended up buying two lots from the same person! Bless my little heart, how I do love corsets... I think by the end of this project, I'll have more underpinnings than over!

By the by

If you're visiting my site to see my progress, you should take a moment to click on one of the ad thingers... It'll help me make a little cash to pay for the ridiculous amount of linen I'll be using :-x Maybe I should stick to muslin....

Anywho.

Drawers my arse! Oh wait...

I made drawers today! They're adorable. Size 8 in an off white linen with black bias tape as ribbon (for the moment. One I gather the resources, I'll hie off to PA Fabric and buy me some ribbon). They fit the monster (meaning Daphne) perfectly! Later this evening I'll post some pictures of her in the whole set of underpinnings.

More money? OH NO!

So my dressform sucks. Granted, I got her for about 50 bucks, but I'm beginning to realize (as Da always says) you get what you pay for! I need to buy a Uniquely You dressform. No biggie! Fortunetly, this month's "paycheck" will cover it. However... whilst search for a Judy, I came across this site and now my wallet is very angry at me. Tant pis! C'est la vie!

I'm off to start sketching the renaissance dress, wish me luck!

Loves and kisses,
Ashley

No comments: