Friday, March 20, 2009

The evasive farthingale

Dear reader,

I tried to find a good model for my Spanish farthingale, but I have finally decided to use the original design (Alcega's design).

Boy oh boy. Want to see my preliminary cutting and sewing patterns? This is the relatively cleaned up version...


Then I thought about how to go about the boning (there's no less "that's what she said" way to phrase that). I've decided the most historically accurate (and best looking) way to do it will be to make my own casing and line then hem-6-5-5-5. I'm planning on buying however many yards of 1/4 inch tubing from Lowes (or Home Depot) and using that since willow reeds aren't exactly falling from the sky.. unless you're standing under a willow tree. Then I suppose my past statement wouldn't' be true.

Anyway! I'm off to do such, then figure out what supplies I to do the boning. Heh. Cough. Sorry.

Love and hugs,
Ashley

No comments: